Back on the Holte

On the train home from Liverpool I remember discussing the upcoming end to the season with my Everton supporting friend. The following Saturday we played Wigan at home whilst Everton faced a tough trip to the Emirates on Sunday. He told me that you never knew what could happen against a side like Wigan at home, and I laughed him off, certain that we would make a fight for fifth place.

That was the back end of the 07/08 season. In the end we lost at home to Wigan (again), and drew away at West Ham - a game best remembered for Olof Mellberg's incredible free-shirt gesture. Joel was right, and Everton beat us to fifth. I was so depressed I didn't bother blogging that match, and then left the country for a while (this was planned, not due to the depression). Now I'm back, and a week short of twenty months later I was back on the Holte End for the second leg of the cup semi against Blackburn - not a bad return!

Belatedly I've decided to reopen this blog for any game, Villa or otherwise, or football issue. I was never sure how many people bothered reading it in the first place, but welcome back if you are.

No comments: