Aston Villa 2-1 Fulham

As I mentioned before I was out of the country for this match, and only found out the result on Sunday evening. All I can say, then, having seen the highlights is that its good to see us win with a last minute goal, I can't remember the last time this happened in a league match. Also it seems like Ashley Young, again, is settled and showing his massive potential.

I'm writing this a few hours after we destroyed Wrexham in the Carling Cup. I've only seen the goals, all 5 of them, but two were absolute pearlers from Shaun Maloney, who'll hopefully get used to the Brummie accent soon, and Harewood and Reo-Coker scored their first goals for the club which is always good to see. Special mention for Harewood who's celebration would normally be surprising for a scrappy goal at the end of a route, but in his circumstance was understandable.

Quite annoyed to have missed the Fulham match, described on the BBC Sport site as a "pulsating encounter". Nevermind, next up its Chelsea and I'm fairly confident we'll get a result.

No comments: